Don't have the time to make an entire macrame ensemble for mom? Look at this equally heartfelt and loving macrame card you can create instead! Sizzix perfectly created delicate and intricate macrame-like paper designs for making an ideal mothers day card!
Happy Mothers Day Macrame Card
You will need:
Sizzix® Big Shot® Machine (596523) or Sizzix® Big Shot® Plus Machine (377808) or Sizzix™ Big Shot™ Switch Plus Starter Kit (502828) or Sizzix® Big Shot® Foldaway Machine (580590)
Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 9PK – Macramé Card Front (668127)
Sizzix™ Clear Stamps Set 24PK – Good Vibes #3 (668134)
Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 14PK – Layered Summer Flowers (668121)
Sizzix™ Accessory – Chrome Precision Base Plate for Intricate Thinlits® Dies (322265)
Sizzix™ Making Essential – Express Glue, 120ml (615179)
Sizzix™ Making Essential – Foam Tape (561248)
Card & Envelope Pack, A6, Rose, 10 PK (668182)
Sizzix Surfacez™ – Cardstock, 8 1/4” x 11 3/4”, 20 Muted Colors, 80 Sheets (668180)
Sizzix Surfacez™ – Opulent Cardstock Pack, 8” x 11 1/2”, Muted, 60 Sheets (668181)
Sizzix Surfacez™ – Opulent Cardstock Pack, 8” x 11 1/2”, Gold, 50 Sheets (615181)
Die Brush & Die Pick
Acrylic Stamp Block
Cardstock (Smooth, White)
Permanent Ink Pad (Black)
How to make:
- Back a piece of Matte Opulent Gold, Ivory, Pearlescent Opulent Rose, and Sand cardstock with Sizzix Adhesive Sheets.
- Die-cut out of adhesive-backed Ivory cardstock the three pieces on the main macrame element die, using the Chrome Precision Base Plate to support cutting intricate dies. Clean out the die and die cuts with a die brush and die pick. Die-cut out of adhesive-backed Sand cardstock the macrame element with one straight-edge and four-points on the other edge. Use a die brush and die pick to clean the die cut away from the die. On a piece of Ivory cardstock layer the pieces in a desired pattern and with a pair of scissors trim around the perimeter of the layered pieces until you have one solid macrame piece.
- Die-cut out of Pearlescent Opulent Rose, Glitter Opulent Rose, Gold Opulent, Rose, Sand, Walnut cardstock various decorative trims, tassels, squares, one rod and a hanging element from the Macramé Card Front die set. Layer and adhere the various elements on top of the solid macrame piece with liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut out of Pearlescent Opulent Rose, Rose, Pearlescent Opulent Eucalyptus, Glitter Eucalyptus, Pear, and Ivory cardstock the various leaves, leaf layering elements, a flower and flower layering elements from the Layered Summer Flowers die set. Adhere the layering elements in place with liquid adhesive.
- Center and adhere the macrame piece to the front of a Rose card base with liquid adhesive. Adhere the flower and leaf elements in a desired arrangement to the top, left corner of the macramé element with liquid adhesive and foam tape.
- On a piece of smooth, white cardstock stamp a sentiment of choice from the Good Vibes #3 stamp set. With a pair of scissors cut around the stamped sentiment and then adhere the sentiment to the card front with foam tape.